- This website - databases.dublincity.ie - brings together a number of databases produced by the Libraries & Archive Service. Most of the original records from which the databases are created are held by Dublin City Library & Archive, 138-144 Pearse Street. Much of the work in the delivery of this site, including database production, search interface, initial research and the preparation and editing of material, has been carried out by John Grenham, Genealogist.
More databases will be added as they are completed.
The databases featured and included in the combined search are:
- - Community Memory - a database of plaques and public memorials throughout the City.
- - Dublin Directory 1647-1708 - a database of Dubliners compiled from a variety of sources.
- - Ancient freemen of Dublin (1461 to 1491, and 1564 to 1774) - a database of all those on the who were entered into the Freedom of the City by the City Assembly.
- - Dublin City Electoral Lists 1908 to 1915 - a database of all those registered to vote in municipal elections.
- - Dublin Graveyards Directory - a database with details of all graveyards in the Dublin area.
- -Cemetery Burial Registers (Clontarf, Drimnagh, and Finglas) - a database of those buried in three now closed cemeteries which are under the control of Dublin City Council.
The following are not included in the combined search and need to be accessed or searched separately: