|<< Prev Next >>|
|Rules For Band Of Helpers To the Soldiers
1. This Society will last during the War, and shall be called "Band of Helpers for the Soldiers".
2. Members pay 3d on being enrolled , which sum will go towards buying comforts, also for poastage of goods to the Front.
3. Members to send monthly, adressed to Miss Monica Roberts, Kelston, Stillorgan some contribution , however small, either in money, or any of the following articles, all of which are said to be useful by the War office. Handkerchiefs, boot-laces, chocolate, peppermint, dried fruits, briar pipes and tobacco pouches, tobacco, cgarette, cigarette-tobacco and cigarette-papers, small tins of boraic ointment or borated vaseline for sore feet, antiseptic powder, post cards, pocket knives, lead pencils etc.
4. These articles will be forwarded monthly to the Dublin Fusiliers, and the Royal Flying Corps.
5. If the Society grows, and receives good support, more regiments could be included, but at present, the above mentioned will be all to whom this Society will contribute.
6. Members are requested to kindly tell their friends about this Society, for as many members as possible are required.
Monica K. Roberts
This sheet contains the rules for the band of helpers to the soldiers.